Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Ramblings on the porch.

Last weekend of terribly cold weather has given way to more seasonal weather for us. I am writing this post while sitting in the sun on our screen porch. It is a nice 68 degrees. The weekend left it's mark though as we are all fighting colds. To help warm me up I made a pumpkin spice latte. I love making my own since I find the ready made ones are too sweet for me.  I tweeked a couple of recipes and came up with a nice pumpkiny, creamy, spice blend. Probably not a good thing to drink while on a diet but I justify it by it's comfort to my miserable cold symptoms.
Over our crazy blast-of-winter weekend I was able to tick another project off my list. This one has been on my to-do list for over a year. Here it is...
 
I like the autumn colors and when it is quilted it will make a nice topper for the Thanksgiving table. Thanksgiving~yikes, that time again. I need to start making my cooking list. This is when my mom's home going to Jesus is so pronounced. I think about her every day but it is during the holidays that I always have to choke down the tears because I miss us being in the kitchen together turning out a big festive dinner with all the trimmings. We were like well choreographed dancers in the kitchen together. Each knowing what to do and not even saying a whole lot. I think just being together, cooking good homemade food was our language.

With warm weather comes hanging laundry on the line. We aren't aloud to have clothes lines in the yard because of our development's covenants. Of course this gives me the challenge to do what I need for my family and still comply with these ridiculous rules, which by the way are being challenged by many residents. I love all the lovely clothesline pictures that are posted on the blogs I follow especially the ones from Great Britain with the stone walls and open meadows in the background.
Lately my quiet time has been focusing on Joshua. I am meditating on many of the scriptures in this book. Meditation on the Word is so good for me. I am reminded who I am and Who's I am.
HAVE NOT I COMMANDED YOU? BE STRONG, VIGOROUS, AND VERY COURAGEOUS. BE NOT AFRAID, NEITHER BE DISMAYED, FOR THE LORD YOUR GOD IS WITH YOU WHEREVER YOU GO.
JOSHUA 1:9 (amplified )

No comments:

Post a Comment