Friday, October 21, 2011

Knitting

Today, I had the pleasure of teaching two little girls from our homeschool co-op how to knit. What a pleasure I take in passing on a hobby to a younger generation. I started knitting when I was in the fifth grade. I taught myself using a bright purple, acrylic yarn and gold metal needles (hey, it was the 70's) bought at our local grocery store. My grade school teacher, Miss Selman, gave us time each week to bring a hobby to work on in class. She was, in my eyes, the best teacher ever. She, in an indirect way, gave validation to my love of needlework by praising my attempts at making a baby doll blanket, holes and all.

Little hands at work.

Here is the poem my children memorized to aid in their learning of knitting:
Into the bunny hole
Run around the tree
Out of the bunny hole
Away runs he!

Here is my "baby" girl still knitting today at age eighteen. She is designing a scarf for herself.

Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment