Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Ella and Tea

Fighting a really weird virus has put me behind in so many areas of my life. I have been struggling to get the energy to keep up with my son's schooling.
 Pulling out the books we need to finish by spring has made me panic a little. When I haven't been learning about Greek gods, art in the Middle Ages, Woodrow Wilson, and WWI ( seriously, I am always amazed at who is really getting the education), I've been listening to my created station on Pandora Radio. I love, love this invention. A little Ella and a cup of tea has been my healing balm.

Frank and Ella- 

I started a new crochet project.  I justify it by not needing to buy anything new.
Here it is.
 It will alternate between granny squares and a daisy square. The challenge is the daisy square. The directions are so ridiculous. They ramble on and on. I'm thinking the only way I am going to get it right is to map out a diagram. Most of the European crochet is done that way and it makes perfect sense.

I am bound and determined to finish the many quilting projects I've started over the years. Good quality cotton has gone through the roof. I am paying about 2 to 3 dollars more a yard over last year's prices! This is the motivation to keep the unfinished project engine going. I can create a lot with the yardage I already own. My quilting friends and I are also thinking about working on  projects together so we can share each others stash. Not only is this a good way to save money it is reminiscent of what quilting used to represent -- community!
In tribute to Ella:
"No more blue songs only whoop-dee-doo songs"



1 comment:

  1. It's too bad you've not been feeling well! Sounds like it's giving you some time to reflect on the projects you want to finish, though. I like the daisy crochet.

    ReplyDelete