Sunday, December 11, 2011

Settling into Christmas


It has been wonderful to finally have a little time to settle into the Christmas season. Friday was my quilting circle's Christmas luncheon. It was hosted by the president of the group at her lovely home in Powhatan. I took a picture of the beautiful view from her family room window. It over looks a lake. But once again I was duped by my camera so the picture can't be downloaded.  I'll have to try again next time.
Are these just the cutest?  These dolls are from knit designer Jean Greenhowe. Here is her website:www.jeangreenhowe.com
I have been working on a project "first" by this designer and have to say the instructions are very clear and well written. I will have to post my progress. So far the hardest part has been finding the right kind of yarn.


Today I watched one of my Christmas favorites, The Bishop's Wife. It has to be the original for me, staring Cary Grant, Loretta Young, and David Niven. I make no apologies for not even entertaining the idea of watching the remake. I totally admit to being very narrow minded about older being better. Yes, I will admit to a few exceptions but in my opinion the classics are the BEST!
Who even comes close to Cary Grant?  Brad Pitt? Please. I don't think so. And why oh why aren't women feminine today like Loretta Young? The fashion from that period is exceptional. I love the morals in the old movies. Why is morality considered old fashioned and out-of-date? OK, enough with the rant.
I have to be allowed a good rant every now and then.
Here is a clip from the movie:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swNVzH_2IRQ
Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Hello! I've made a lot of Jean Greenhowe designs in the past and the yarn in the UK is called Double knitting or DK for short. It's similar to your light-worsted. Hope that helps! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. I'm with you....the old movies are the BEST! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Tina for the tip. We don't have very good yarn stores in our area. Most of the yarn here is worsted and a bit thick for these projects.

    ReplyDelete